Oct 5, 2018

7 guuuuuys in an Uber (if you get the reference I love you more than I already do)


Did I mention that I really love it here? I'm not in love with everything-like all these disgusting stray cats that have been surviving off of straight garbage and literally are crawling with diseases and infections and geeerms, but everything else is pretty swell and there's definitely no mice problems, so that's a plus. (Time lapse credit goes to Gillian, the other girls have a pretty incredible apartment view!)

Speaking of these here kitties, I've started playing this game with myself called guess how many cats are in/within ten meters (converted to the metric system and finally living my best life) of the next dumpster and it's actually pretty impressive how good I've gotten now that I can factor in time of day, location, trash pile size ratio, etc. It's pretty entertaining I've gat-to say.

Anywho, I had some pretty fun speaking experiences at the gym and at the University of Jordan this week, it's fun to try and find new ways to meet people and get our 2 hours of speaking in every day! We got invited over for dinner tonight by one of our new university friends and his family is super sweet. They all are holy cow.

Us with Sameer and Bahaa, fun fact, they actually met and became friends during a protest. They are both actively involved in a lot of protesting and Bahaa is studying law and they both want to help make some important changes over here. I'd call them my barricade boys if I knew how to say that in Arabic, also they aren't trying to start any wars so maybe that would be too far but vive la France? idk


Before...

After.


Also, our Uber driver was like, "you're all going to the same place?! Get in!" So we smushed a bunch of us in a tiny car. Yay.



Church today was particularly awesome, first of all, there were a lot more people there than usual SO YAY! We had a really great fast and testimony meeting and my heart is just still real nice and full. I haven't had the opportunity to go to the temple for a little over a month now and I've definitely missed that extra spiritual boost, but sacrament meeting was a holy place today and I really am just so excited for conference tomorrow. Our Sunday school lesson was about Christ's visit to the Americas and I was surprised how much I understood from the lesson and people's comments and honestly, just being a part of that lesson on the other side of the world was SUPER COOL! Like I've always related more on the American side, "When Christ came here, He taught us the same things He'd taught those in the Holy Land..." but for the first time ever, today it was, "Christ went there and ministered to the Americans and taught them over there the same things He'd taught us during His lifetime over here. He loves God's children on that side of the world just as much as He loves us here." I really enjoyed getting to see one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon through a different perspective. Location changes are pretty cool! Coming up to the branch is honestly probably my favorite part of the week (let me rephrase that, BEING up in the branch, not COMING UP to the branch, the hour bus ride to and from is definitely not my favorite part of the week.) Next week we'll be leaving right after church for Petra and won't have time to make it to and from the branch, and the next week is district conference, so it'll be three weeks before we're back up in Irbid and that's really a bummer! Hopefully most of them will get to come down for district conference in two weeks so we don't have to wait so long to see them again!

Well, this week was basically the calm before the storm, conference tomorrow and Sunday (7-9pm and 11pm-1am live our time) is gonna keep us all up pretty late and take up a lot of homework time (TOTALLY WORTH IT just gonna make life crazy with class Sunday and Monday) and then midterms are on Thursday, and PETRA/WADI RUM Friday-Sunday. Pretty excited if I can just survive midterms on top of a regular week load!

أبهرتيتي Arabic word for the week "abhirtete," means impressive. It's a good one


No comments:

Post a Comment